Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Courageous

Our family went to see the movie "Courageous" on Saturday night. Without leaking too much of the plot for those who haven't seen it yet, one of the messages was the introspection of how much we invest in those we love, specifically our kids. If Jodi and I have done anything right with our kids, it's been to really invest into them so that there is never any question how much we love them, or how important they are to us. We've got the miles on the cars and bleacher backs to prove it! I can honestly say that if a tragedy occurred (not interested at all in testing this by the way...) I would feel like I didn't miss the mark on this with them. It naturally got me to thinking about the two orphans we want to bring home, who have probably gone without this, and how much we want to bring them home, be their parents, and give them (albeit a late start...) a childhood with parents who would love them, fight for them, provide for them and protect them, no different than we do for the three we have at home. I'm so excited for the, love, time home and future we will be able to give them!

1 comment: