Friday, December 9, 2011

S..k.....y.p....e....

Last weekend we got to Skype to Ukraine for the first time. Often the tranlsators computer wasn't working, and as we found this time, the internet service over there is, well, iffy! I think we had to reconnect like 9 times and the volume didnt work! So we're all bunched on the couch with video (sometimes) on the laptop and talking via the cell phone (which ironically works better calling halfway around the world better than locally). Masha wasn't there as she was in the hospital (for a routine check up we found out later), but we got to "see" Andriy for the first time.




Masha smiles a lot. Andriy, I think I've seen one picture with a smile and he was typically stoic on the video. While I think Masha is going to gel very fast, I also think Andriy may be a tougher nut to crack. Typically the boys get less attention there than girls to begin with, so I can already see that he will be a special mission given to Dylan and I to love on him and bring him out of his shell. His restoration will be very special to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment