Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dads and Daughters

Last night I took the girls to the Daddy Daughter dance, which has become an annual excursion for the girls and I.  I think this was our 5th time.  It is always fun to look at the pictures from each year and see how much they've changed from year to year.  Each year I find that they've gotten taller and more beautiful!  This year had the extra special addition of having Kayleigh and her first dance.  She and her brother have been with our family for 9 months now and she has really blossomed into a beautiful young lady. 

While I don't think anyone would understand the workings of the world that led to her being an orphan, I am so glad to God chose me to get to be her daddy.  Having a dad is really a pretty big deal to a girl.  As we danced last night I would watch the other dads and daughters dancing (mostly to avoid stepping on all the bare toes!....) and across the board it was the same observation:  daughters clinging tightly to their dads, wanting to be loved and treasured. 

I dance with each girl individually for dances, and then of course the embarrassing dances to the fast songs (the Squiggle dance I created was a big hit..... ;)  and then the family dance at the end (3 daughters stacked up ... :)  It was so awesome to be able to hold Kayleigh tight and dance with her and tell her I love her.  I'm looking at the photo from last night and if you didn't know she wasn't our biological daughter, you'd never guess it.  She looks like us, jokes like us.  Because she is one of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment