Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day

First of all, Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there!  This year has an extra dash of specialness in it as I've been blessed with the privilege of being the dad to two kids who needed and wanted a family :)  I love being a dad and having such an awesome family, and getting to be that for my family is more important than anything else really.  I can pretty much take or leave anything else but my wife and now 5 kids are the one thing I truly treasure and would do anything to care for and protect!  There really is no greater joy than getting to spend time with and enjoy your family.  When you hit the end of the road in this life, your family will be the legacy you leave behind that mattered the most.  Jodi, Bekah, Alyssa, Kayleigh, Dylan, Michael, I love you :)

Yesterday was most excellent hanging out with Dylan as we spent the day preparing for, reflecting on, and going through the PKC black belt show to officially receive our black belts in Tae Kwon Do.  I love having Dylan as a son, he is a truly special young man and it was an amazing year to go through candidacy for black belt with him.  It was a joy to watch him excel and mature through the process, and to see him continue to grow into the amazing man God has destined him to be.  It is an experience that he and I were privileged to share together, and many memories and stories that we will have together for the rest of our lives!  I am also very excited that Michael has taken a big interest in martial arts as well and has started his journey as well this month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment