Saturday, April 7, 2012

Muddy Shoes

Our Saturday started out as a Saturday should, sleeping in! Coffee, watching everyone go to sleep on Facebook as we were waking up and general lounging to just take it easy this morning. We went over to the orphanage for a few hours this afternoon but Dylan and I never made it in the building. Andriy was on the soccer field and came out to greet us (I love his big smile) and since he was playing soccer, I asked if Dylan and I could come over and play as well, which was answered with a big yes. It was a bunch of taking turns playing goal and shooting goals. I am happy to say that we repped America pretty well, I still have a decent shot that does this cool hook to the left (I kicked righty) into the lower left corner of the goal, and quite a lot of power. And I didnt pull any muscles :) We did this for quite awhile, some other boys joined in as well. One in particular, Roma (Raymond) has a cannon of a leg and I blocked about half of his shots, but he has this wicked topspin, so it's like a soccer split finger fastball coming atcha (really nice kid). No english needed, just a soccer ball (well, it was actually a volleyball) pointing and smiling.
Masha and the girls came out from playing inside after awhile, and we turned to tag in the sandy playground. More kids joined in as well, lots of fun, they are still quite curious of the Americans, but friendly and it takes nothing to get them to join in (tag, you're it worked pretty well....). Left the orphanage and had dinner then back to the flat for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment