Friday, April 20, 2012

TGIF

We just had a nice day with the kids. Went to the orphanage to round them up and ran into a couple guys from Missionaries Without Borders (I think I got it right). The guy said hello as I was walking by, so naturally I responded with hello in Ukrainian. He then talked more in english which actually caught me by surprise. I've gone from feeling like hearing Ukrainian is weird to thinking hearing english is weird since we get very little of it here! They were very excited about our adoption. Spent some time hanging out with the kids then did lunch, more hanging out and actually took naps today. Michael slept for quite awhile which was nice, not sure how much he gets to do that. Played more tag and ninja (I do pretty good at tag but stink at ninja...) then the girls cooked pasta and mashed potatoes for dinner. Sounds simple except when you figure in the directions on potatoes box are in Ukrainian.... (ok, we got lucky, their instant so boiling water and stirring can be done in ANY language :) Now just relaxing for the evening. Seven days left for the adoption to finalize, then we'll get new birth certificates showing their new names (and parents!), passports, visas etc, and make our way home to Texas! We'll hit a couple weekends and holidays as we wrap up here which will slow down our departure, so ballparking a departure date of May 9th. That is a guess but where I am betting my lunch money ;) Thanks for all the prayers and nice notes, we appreciate hearing from people!

No comments:

Post a Comment