Thursday, April 26, 2012

Uha Pachinya! (ear cookie!)

For those who know me, I have a way with getting small children wound up.  I'll be the first one to admit that I frequently instigate trouble by sticking out my tongue, winking, or making a silly face.  However, I am quite convinced I give off some sort of invisible signal of sorts that just makes kids go crazy, kind of like catnip.  We go to the orphanage and there are a bunch of kids outside, since the weather has turned nice for spring (finally!).  Bam, 15 small kids all run up, big smiles, hugs, you name it.  The frenzy has begun!  In fairness to me, I did nothing to get them all fired up, I guess just being the novelty and paying any attention will do the trick!  So, naturally, my response is to start up the ear cookie game.  I'm the ear cooky (uha pachinya) monster looking for ear cooky snacks.  Bam, non-stop chasing around the playground.  And on... and on... and on....  So much fun.  Ended up with two, Sasha and Yaha, glued to me until they had to go to class.  Then to the soccer field for more fun.  My thumb, arm and back have been bum for a couple months now but I can't help myself.  I'll heal up when I get home!  Tomorrow is the final day of our 10 day waiting period, barring the unexpected, they'll be ours for good!  With the weekend and holidays next week we're not sure what day we'll get the official decree from the court and take them from the orphanage for good, but we'll be able to at least know it's a done deal :)  Shopping plane tickets for our flights home, looks like May 9th will be the day.  We can tell that Kayleigh and Michael are more than ready to get out of there.  We are more than ready to make that reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment